Last week everyone who made an order could enjoy our home-made adjika sauce that we provided in a test bag for you. And we hope you liked it.
This adjika sauce was cooked for you by a charming moscovite of Georgian origins.
And here’s the letter she wrote willing to cooperate with us:
‘It’s very importnt to be proud of something is your life. Pesonally I am very proud of my Georgian family. Very often we get together at the table during family events and celebrations. That’s the time when our house is full of buzzing: we argue, we share our happy and sad moments with each other, and of course we share delicious food. Food for us is not just a way to fight hunger but it’s a ritual and art. When the season of fruit and vegetables comes, we are ready. Thanks to the knowledge of our gramdmothers and mothers, we learned how to save important minerals and vitamins while preserving food. And, of course, save incredible taste! As it is very important that food brings us not only energy but also pleasure.
Here is our main principle. Nothing complicated. It is what it’s supposed to be: simplicity, taste, and high quality’.
Ingredients: tomatoes, garlic, coriander leaves, spices.
Herborization area: Vladimirskaya region, private farm.
You can order Adjika sauce and choose desired taste: spicy, less spicy.
Step by step
1. Core your apple. Leave the skin on.
2. Thinly slice your apple, a touch less than 1cm thick. Dip the apple rings in a bowl of lightly salted water.
3. String them on the cleaned wooden stick. Make sure you leave a bit of space between each apple ring.
4. Tie the ends of the stick with box string.
5. Hang it from a light fixture, cupboard door handles or anywhere high and dry.
6. Let the apple rings dry for 4-5 days.
Give them a little rinse before eating. Pat dry and pack up for a healthy slice of autumn.
For those of you who LOVE meat ‘Cuisine in details’ school will be happy to offer a special class with a famous chef
You will learn how to cook steaks the right way. The class will take place in October.
We will let you know about the exact date in advance.
A bag of spicy peppers from Orlov region is an extra bonus for all the orders delivered on Friday.
We have been to a bird farm at the weekend.
We visited our farmer beekeepers and brought the best honey back to you.
- In Mozhaisky region forests take 42% of the area and our farmer and a friend lives there (near Kuskovo village). He owns 7 geese (who cut the grass), 2 cows for his personal needs and 116 beehives with delicious honey of the highest quality.
Several times a year Alexey Stepanovich takes his bees in order to get the best honey to other regions and even countries. For instance, this year he has been to Polesye (south of republic of Belarus) and brought fantastic rape honey from there.
Other types of honey were brought from Zadonsky region (Lipetsk area). 2 farms from this area provided us with almost all vegetables this summer, now they are storing harvest in the root cellar with ideal temperature and humidity. We got amazingly good honey from their bee yards.
We believe that placing orders only in Russian is unfair.
That’s why now you can read news and order fresh products in English.
We’ll be speaking other languages soon!