Step by step
1. Core your apple. Leave the skin on.
2. Thinly slice your apple, a touch less than 1cm thick. Dip the apple rings in a bowl of lightly salted water.
3. String them on the cleaned wooden stick. Make sure you leave a bit of space between each apple ring.
4. Tie the ends of the stick with box string.
5. Hang it from a light fixture, cupboard door handles or anywhere high and dry.
6. Let the apple rings dry for 4-5 days.
Give them a little rinse before eating. Pat dry and pack up for a healthy slice of autumn.